Few surgeons are as respected by their peers and as esteemed by their patients as Dr. Robert Singer. With an eye for balance and beauty and the skills of an artist, he has helped thousands of people in Southern California and around the world attain the rejuvenated appearance they have always wanted. Dr. Singer has been engaged in private practice in the La Jolla area of San Diego since 1976 and is now an internationally recognized plastic surgeon. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) in La Jolla (San Diego), California.
Please find below a partial listing of Dr. Singer’s affiliations, memberships, awards, honors, and accomplishments. The full list and Dr. Singer’s curriculum vitae are available upon request.
Dr. Singer is a sought-after speaker who lectures to prominent surgical organizations and non-medical audiences in the United States, Europe, Asia, and Central America, including the prestigious Young Presidents’ Organization, CEO, and World Presidents Organization. Throughout his career, Dr. Singer has also authored many scientific publications on various aspects of reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery.
Affiliations & Memberships
- The Aesthetic Society – Former President and Chair of the Board of Trustees
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS) – Former President
- Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF) – Former President
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) – Former President and Chair of the Board of Trustees
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities International (AAAASF-I) — Board Member and Officer
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities Educational Foundation (AAAASF-EF) – President
- Editorial Board of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal (ASJ) and the Aesthetic Journal Open Forum
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS) – Patient Safety Committee
- San Diego International Society of Plastic Surgeons – Former President
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) – Fellow
- San Diego Plastic Surgery Society – Former President
- NewBeauty Magazine – Chairman of the Editorial Advisory Board
- Active staff of Plastic Surgery Scripps Memorial Hospital – La Jolla, California
- Former Chief of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Representative to Surgery Supervisory
- Former Vice-Chairman Department of Surgery
- Former Chief of Plastic Surgery Scripps Memorial Hospital – Encinitas, California.
Dr. Robert Singer has received numerous awards in Plastic Surgery
Internationally renowned aesthetic plastic surgeon and noted educator, Robert Singer, MD of La Jolla, California, has served as President and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the prestigious Aesthetic Society, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, President of the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, president of the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (ASERF), and President of the California Society of Plastic Surgeons…
- The Robert Singer Award for Best Hot Topics Presentation.
- Town & Country Magazine – BEST COSMETIC SURGEONS IN THE COUNTRY
- Presidency of The Aesthetic Society
- Best Doctors in America
- Who’s Who in the West
- Who’s Who in America
- Best Plastic Surgeons in San Diego – San Diego Magazine (selected by peers).
- Best Plastic Surgeons in La Jolla – La Jolla Light Newspaper.
- Plastic Surgery Leadership Award – The Aesthetic Society
- Invited examiner for the American Board of Surgery
- Traveling visiting professor for The Aesthetic Society
- Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors 2000 – 2020
- ASERF Career Achievement Award, 2019
- ASERF/The Aesthetic Society Lifetime Achievement Award.
- PHI BETA KAPPA
- PI MU EPSILON –National Mathematics Honor Society
- The Aesthetic Society Traveling Professor
- Best Panel Moderator: The Aesthetic Society’s Annual Meeting 2003 and 2009
- Best Doctors in America
- Town and Country Magazine – “Best Aesthetic Surgeons in America”
- San Diego Magazine- Selected by peers, “Best Plastic Surgeons in San Diego” – multiple years
- La Jolla Light Newspaper- selected by the community
- “Best Plastic Surgeon in La Jolla” – multiple years
- The Aesthetic Society Plastic Surgery Leadership Award
- The Aesthetic Society Distinguished Service Award for Plastic Surgery Leadership 2010
- CSPS Presidential Award for Leadership
- Castle Connolly: America’s Top Doctors – Multiple years in a row
- San Diego Business Journal: Health Care Champions Award 2010
- Thuss Lecturer: to Vanderbilt Department of Surgery and Plastic Surgery 2016
- UC San Diego School of Medicine Plastic Surgery: Teacher of the Year 2016
- ASERF Career Achievement Award 2019
Magazines and Publications
Dr. Robert Singer is the Chairman of the NewBeauty® Editorial Advisory Board
Dr. Singer has held the position of Chief of Plastic Surgery and Vice-Chairman of the Department of Surgery, Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla. His recognition among his plastic surgery peers, his patients and the international and local medical community has earned him the title “Dean of Plastic Surgery” according to San Diego magazine, and recognition in Best Doctors in America.
- Over 375 scientific publications and major presentations at surgery meetings including: Facial cosmetic surgery, liposuction, facelifting procedures, eyelid and forehead rejuvenation, breast surgery, office-based surgery, patient safety, soft tissue fillers, body contouring, ethics
- M.D. Degree: State University of New York-Buffalo
- General Surgery Internship and Residency
- Stanford Medical Center Palo Alto, California
- Santa Barbara Cottage and General Hospitals
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Vanderbilt University
- Plastic Surgery Chief Resident: Vanderbilt University
- (Voluntary) Clinical Professor of Surgery (Plastic Surgery), University of California San Diego
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- USNR – Retired Lt. Commander
- Active Duty in Vietnam
- Balboa Naval Hospital Emergency Department, San Diego, California
- USN – Honorable Discharge
Listen to the radio interviews with Dr. Robert Singer
InTouch with Terri S02 – E15, Safety Standards for Aesthetic Practices with World-Renowned Plastic Surgeon Dr. Robert Singer
Expert Medical Spa Management Consultant, Terri Ross welcomes key aesthetic industry opinion leader and world-renowned plastic surgeon, Dr. Robert Singer to discuss:
- Taking appropriate safety measures in re-opening your practice in the midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic
- How practices should inform their patients about how they intend to protect them and their teams
- Which questions to ask when practices start accepting patients again
- How should practices set up their office with new sanitation protocols
- Are there industry, Covid-19 safety-standard guidelines to adhere to and where can you find that information
- How will the Covid-19 Pandemic affect the Aesthetic industry in regards to consumer spending and practice brand recognition
Dr. Singer Joins Radio MD to Discuss Whether Selfies Make You Want Plastic Surgery.
Selfies and online chats have replaced mirrors in modern society. Additionally, first impressions once made in person, are now, made via social media. You want to make that first impression a positive one. With the increase of selfies taken and shared, Dr. Singer chimes in to discuss whether it may affect users and motivate them to get plastic surgery.
Dr. Robert Singer’s Practice Location
Phone: (858) 455-0290
Hours: Mon – Fri: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Address:9834 Genesee Ave, Ste 100, La Jolla CA 92037